Showing News articles tagged with Alumni
- A team of Tufts researchers received the Harting Award for the best paper published in Experimental Techniques in 2016.
Alumni Jeremy Slavitz and Henry Zhou, E17, took a student project developed at Tufts and turned it into RoVR: a new virtual pet simulator.
- An article by alumnus Peter Lewis, E14 and EG16, and Associate Professor Robert White was featured as the cover article in a recent issue of Advancing Microelectronics.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.
- Bobby Dutton, E04, founded college concert production company GrooveBoston while he was a computer engineering student at Tufts.
- Environmental engineers' paper on traffic-related air pollution in Somerville and Chinatown has been featured as an extramural paper of the month by the NIEHS' Environmental Factor.
- Continuing the work they started as a senior capstone project at Tufts, three alumni have filed for a patent on a wireless device that would help secure vehicles and garage doors against replay attacks.
- The Executive Board of the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) selected a Tufts team's paper as Honorable Mention for Best Paper of 2015. The paper used water insecurity to predict domestic water demand in the Palestinian West Bank.
- The Bruce-Griffey Leadership and Diversity Internship Fund was established to honor alumni Lena Bruce, E92, and Anita Griffey, J90. Through the fund, chemical engineering major Andrade Hendricks received a stipend to intern at New England Biolabs.
- Alumnus Jim Kaklamanos was recently honored as one of the 2017 New Faces of Civil Engineering by the American Society of Civil Engineers.