Showing News articles tagged with Environmental sustainability
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
- Environmental engineers' paper on traffic-related air pollution in Somerville and Chinatown has been featured as an extramural paper of the month by the NIEHS' Environmental Factor.
- The Executive Board of the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) selected a Tufts team's paper as Honorable Mention for Best Paper of 2015. The paper used water insecurity to predict domestic water demand in the Palestinian West Bank.
- Senior Jenny Skerker spent the summer studying air pollution around the tunnel system created by Boston's Big Dig.
- Tufts was one of six institutions funded by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to explore offshore wind in the state. The Tufts team is led by Professor Dan Kuchma.
- In the Summer Scholars program, junior Grace Aro made membranes and tested their ability to filter contaminants out of water.