Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Professor and Associate Dean Karen Panetta talks about how Tufts engineering students connect with industry mentors as they work on senior capstone projects.
- Professor Christos Georgakis has received the 2017 Tufts University Distinguished Senior Scholar Award.
- Dean Jianmin Qu recently received the 2017 NDE Lifetime Achievement Award from SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
- Professor and Chair Kathleen Fisher recently spoke to The Economist about gaps in modern cybersecurity, and about potential fixes.
- Adjunct Professor Marina Umaschi Bers is teaching computational thinking to young children, who learn to sequence a set of special wooden blocks then scan their bar codes to program robots.
- Engineering students and faculty delivered winning pitches at the 2017 $100k New Ventures Competition, hosted by Tufts Gordon Institute.
- Senior Lecturer Ming Chow has been selected as the winner of this year's Tufts Lerman-Neubauer Prize for Outstanding Teaching and Advising.
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
The Human Robot Interaction Lab is teaching robots how to trust and how to behave in ways that are consistent with our social and moral expectations.
- Biomedical engineers have developed a new bioinspired technique that transforms silk protein into complex materials that are easily programmable at the nano-, micro-, and macro-scales, as well as being ultralight and robust.