Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Professor Laurie Gaskins Baise has been appointed chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, effective September 1.
- The longtime faculty member is remembered for his empathy, humor, and passion.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.
- Associate Professor Alva Couch received the Engineering Seymour Simches Award for Distinguished Teaching and Advising.
- Professor of the Practice Brian Tracey has received a university-wide Teaching with Technology Award for his innovative use of technology in the classroom.
- Professor of the Practice Ronald Lasser has received the 2017 Henry and Madeline Fischer Award for Teaching Excellence in the School of Engineering.
- The Student Accessibility Services Office honored Lecturer Mark Sheldon as the inaugural recipient of the Tufts Faculty Disability Advocate Award.
- Professors Elena Naumova and Jeffrey Griffiths, who have adjunct appointments in engineering, find that pathogens that thrive inside aging pipes and water transport systems can result in many costly hospitalizations.
- The Boston Globe named Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman one of its Game Changers of 2017 for his development of a lithium-ion battery that doesn't explode, and lasts longer.