Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Assistant Professor Kristen Bethke Wendell was named to the 2018 "20 Under 40 Young Pacesetters" list in Prism, the monthly magazine from ASEE.
- The LEGO Education Symposium and Tufts STEM Education Conference, presented by the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, take place on campus June 5 through 7.
- Sam Safavi, EG17, and associate professor Usman Khan were part of a research team that created an improved algorithm for self-localizing and tracking mobile devices, a development that could meet the demands of a projected 50 billion connected products in the Internet-of-Things by 2020.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz's findings on truth-telling in human-robot interactions are discussed in a piece on automated healthcare in the New Yorker.
- Findings by Tufts researchers on genetically modified yeast are featured in NSF Science Now, a weekly video series from the National Science Foundation.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz is part of a group of researchers examining the ability of autonomous systems to assess their own work.
- Tufts awarded 1,521 undergraduate degrees and 2,186 graduate degrees at this year's commencement ceremony.
- In new paper, Ph.D. candidate Mustafa Sikder and Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and a group of researchers studied the water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) activity in southern Syria during ongoing armed conflict.
- Bridge Professor Susan Landau and a group of cybersecurity experts wrote an op-ed on a proposed plan to grant law enforcement access to encrypted devices securely.
- A team of researchers has identified a mechanism in which "good" bacteria in the gastrointestinal tract can help protect the body from inflammation.