Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Inventor and entrepreneur Dean Kamen delivered the Dean's Lecture on "Manufacturing the Future of Biofabrication" and spoke about his path to success.
- Karen Panetta, Dean of Graduate Education, was named one of the Top 100 influencers in EdTech by EdTech Digest for her work with children, parents, and educators on engineering outreach activities.
- Jack Derby, recently appointed to the Cummings Family Professorship in Entrepreneurship and named director of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies Program, gets students consulting for companies.
- Kevin Oye of Tufts Gordon Institute explains how companies are embracing design thinking and advancing innovation outside of Silicon Valley.
- Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin and a group of researchers developed a new method for making membranes with ultra-thin hydrogel selective layers called Interfacially Initiated Free Radical Polymerization (IIFRP).
Professor Sameer Sonkusale and a research team developed a new method to make microneedles without cleanrooms, using readily available materials and equipment.
- Professor Shafiqul Islam talked to Vox about "Day Zero" in Cape Town, South Africa and what might occur if the city goes dry.
- Funded by the National Science Foundation's Innovative Technology Experiences for Students and Teachers (ITEST) program, the CEEO has launched ConnecTions in the Making: Elementary Students, Teachers, and STEM Professionals Integrating Science and Engineering to Design Community Solutions, led by Kristen Wendell of Tufts and Tej Dalvi of UMass Boston.
- Jack Derby has been appointed the Cummings Family Professor of the Practice in Entrepreneurship and Director of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies Program.
- Professor of the Practice Michael Zimmerman's innovative solid polymer material for batteries was recently featured in the Boston Globe.