Showing News articles tagged with Undergraduate students
- A number of engineering undergraduate students were honored for their academic achievements at the recent Tufts Honors Convocation.
- A team of Tufts Engineering undergraduates won first place in the MakeMIT hackathon, with their battery-operated sensor system to track a cyclist's posture.
- Engineering students and faculty delivered winning pitches at the 2017 $100k New Ventures Competition, hosted by Tufts Gordon Institute.
- A team of mechanical engineering students designed and built an educational water table to help young children understand electrical concepts.
- The Tufts chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE) was recently awarded the organization's Outstanding Collegiate Section Gold Award, which is the highest-level SWE award for a collegiate section.
- Continuing the work they started as a senior capstone project at Tufts, three alumni have filed for a patent on a wireless device that would help secure vehicles and garage doors against replay attacks.
- The Bruce-Griffey Leadership and Diversity Internship Fund was established to honor alumni Lena Bruce, E92, and Anita Griffey, J90. Through the fund, chemical engineering major Andrade Hendricks received a stipend to intern at New England Biolabs.
- Mateo Galeano, E18, writes on his first two weeks as an engineer studying abroad at the University of Hong Kong. "I’ve had the opportunity to experience many things for the first time," he says.
- Senior Jenny Skerker spent the summer studying air pollution around the tunnel system created by Boston's Big Dig.