Senior Year: Refinement and Expedition
As a senior BEST scholar, you should be considering the following
If you want to get a job in industry:
- Do I want to look for a job while I'm still in school, or
wait until I graduate to apply?
- Do I have the appropriate attire to wear for an interview?
- Am I prepared for an interview?
- How do my resume and cover letter look?
- Who will serve as a reference for me?
If you want to go to graduate school:
- What graduate schools should I apply to, and when should I
- Do I plan to apply for fellowships, or just take out student
loans? When are the fellowship deadlines?
- When do I need to take the GRE test and how much does it
- How do my curriculum vitae and personal statement look?
- Who will write my recommendation letters?
As a senior BEST scholar, you are expected to:
- Attend two BEST workshops/seminars and one Career Center
event per semester
- Attend the NELSAMP GEM GRAD Lab
- Attend career fairs and networking nights hosted by the
- Participate in a mock interview with the Career Center
- Submit your resume for the CSD resume book during fall
- Obtain a job or acceptance into graduate school
- Do well in your major classes
- Become comfortable with the ins and outs of interviewing
- Practice writing an effective personal statement
- Create and follow an individual development plan
- Leave a lasting legacy behind for younger BESTies
Take a look at these additional
resources that can help you make decisions about your next