Presentations & Activities
- Buildable segmental bridge model that also demonstrates construction methods.
- Buildable model that will support a student's weight.
Tied Arch Bridge
- Buildable model that demonstrates the difference between a conventional arch and a tied arch bridge.
- Buildable model of Leonard P. Zakim Bridge in Downtown Boston.
- Buildable model that shows deflection, and features of a real suspension bridge.
- Motorized moving model of George P. Coleman Bridge in Yorktown, Virginia.
Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- Buildable model that demonstrates the Tacoma Narrows bridge failure.
Vertical Lift Bridge
- A model of the Cape Cod Railroad Bridge in Massachusetts.
- A double leaf model of a bascule bridge.
- These model the cantilever method, based on the Firth of Forth Bridge in Edinburgh, Scotland.
School of Engineering
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Center for Engineering Education Outreach
© 2019, Tufts University Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering. All rights reserved. Site designed & maintained by