For most up-to-date news from Asatekin lab, check out Prof.
Asatekin's Twitter feed
- Our paper on developing chemically selective membranes was
R&D Magazine! – February 2018
- Ilin’s work on chemically selective membranes was featured
Tufts Now! – January 2018
- Jacob won the
Best Poster Award in his group at the AIChE Undergraduate
Student Poster Session. Congratulations Jacob! – November 2017
- Prof. Asatekin helped organize the
Sino-US Chemical Engineering Conference in Beijing, China as
the US Programming co-chair. – October 2017
- Our lab, in collaboration with
Prof. Hyunmin Yi’s lab, was
awarded a grant by the NSF Chemical Process Separations program
to develop multi-functional membranes for water treatment. –
- Congratulations to our newest Doctor of Philosophy, Dr.
Prity Bengani-Lutz! – April 2017
- Ilin is selected as one of the 2017 Tufts Institute of the
Environment fellowship recipients. Congratulations Ilin! – April
- Prof. Asatekin was elected to the
North American Membrane Society’s
Board of Directors for a
3-year term. – March 2017
Grace's work as a Summer Scholar was highlighted on the
Tufts School of Engineering website. – September 2016
- Prof. Asatekin was named John A. and Dorothy M. Adams
Faculty Development Assistant Professor.
Read the press release.– September 2016
- William Lind defended his M.S. thesis, and is now the Master
of Science! He is headed to new horizons at Navigant Energy.
Congratulations Will, we will miss you! – July 2016
- Ilin won 3rd Place at the North American Membrane Society
(NAMS) Poster Competition in her area. Congratulations Ilin! –
- Tim defended his Senior Honors Thesis with great success,
and graduated at the top of his class. He is headed to the
University of Minnesota for a Ph.D. Good luck, Tim! We will miss
you! - May 2016
- Prity is selected as one of the 2016 Tufts Institute of the
Environment fellowship recipients. Congratulations Prity - April
- Mitch Saeger defended his M.S. thesis with great success,
and is headed to greener pastures at EMD Millipore.
Congratulations Mitch! We will miss you! – April 2016
- Prof. Asatekin received one of this year's NSF CAREER
Awards! - April 2016
- Prof. Asatekin received
Turkish American Scientists and
Scholars Association (TASSA)
Young Scholar Award, and delivered
Ted-style talk at the annual conference.
– April 2016
- Asatekin Lab received a Tufts Collaborates! Award for a
collaborative project with Prof. Peggy Cebe’s lab in the physics
department to develop superhydrophobic membranes. – March 2016
- Prity received an Honorable Mention for her poster at
Polymer Day. Congratulations Prity! - March 2016
- Ilin received the Elias Klein Founders' Travel Award to
attend NAMS 2016 Annual Meeting. Congratulations Ilin! -
- Our lab was awarded a
grant from the NSF Environmental
Chemical Sciences Program for a collaborative project with
Meagan Mauter’s lab at Carnegie Mellon University to understand
fundamental mechanisms of fouling. – September 2015
- Asatekin Lab received the Massachusetts Clean Energy Council
(MassCEC) Catalyst Award to develop and test membrane prototypes
for industrial wastewater treatment! - June 2015
- Prity received an award for "Outstanding Graduate Student
Contribution to Undergraduate Education" from Tufts University.
Congratulations Prity! – April 2015
- Papatya was awarded the NAMS Euromembrane Travel Award to
present her work at Euromembrane 2015 meeting in Aachen,
Germany. Congratulations Papatya!
- Papatya is selected as one of the 2015 Tufts Institute of
the Environment fellowship recipients. Congratulations Papatya!
– April 2015
- Dr. Asatekin is featured in
Tufts Research News! (requires Tufts UTLN). – February 2015
- Dr. Asatekin is featured on Tufts Now, the Tufts homepage,
Read the article! – October 2014
- Our lab was awarded a grant from the NSF Environmental
to develop fouling-resistant zwitterionic
membranes. – June 2014
- Prof. Asatekin received the Best Professor Award, chosen by
the graduating class of 2014 in the Chemical and Biological
Engineering Department. Thank you class of 2014, and best of
luck! – May 2014
- Asatekin lab received a Tufts Collaborates! Award for a
collaborative project with Prof. Sam Thomas’ lab in the
Chemistry Department to develop novel photoresponsive membranes.
– February 2014
- Prity wins 1st place at Tufts Graduate Research Symposium in
the 10-minute presentation category for her presentation titled
"Fouling-resistant zwitterionic copolymer membranes for
nanofiltration application". Congratulations Prity! – April 2014
Tufts ChBE News
Please visit the
news and events section of the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.
|©2018 Tufts University.
All rights reserved. Site designed & maintained by Tufts Technology Services (TTS).