Academic Year 2016-2017
For most up-to-date news from Asatekin lab, check out Prof.
Asatekin's Twitter feed
- Grace's work as a Summer Scholar was highlighted on the
Tufts School of Engineering website.
Read the article for an
insider's look into her project.
– September 2016
- A new review article by Asatekin lab on "Responsive
filtration membranes by polymer self-assembly" is accepted for
publication in Technology . – September 2016
- Prof. Asatekin was named John A. and Dorothy M. Adams
Faculty Development Assistant Professor. – September 2016
- Papatya was selected for a late-breaking oral presentation
at this year's Gordon Research Conference on Membranes:
Materials and Processes in New London, NH, and did a great job.
Prof. Asatekin also presented the group's work in a poster. –
- Papatya presented her work at this year's Gordon Research
Seminar on Membranes: Materials and Processes . – July 2016
- William Lind defended his M.S. thesis, and is now the Master
of Science! He is headed to new horizons at Navigant Energy.
Congratulations Will, we will miss you! – July 2016
- Prof. Asatekin gave a seminar on "Membranes with functional
nanopores from the assembly of random copolymer micelles" at
Harvard University's Squishy Physics Seminar Series. – July 2016
- Ilin won 3rd Place at the North American Membrane Society
(NAMS) Poster Competition in her area. Congratulations Ilin! –
- Prity was selected on site for an oral presentation at NAMS.
Her talk was titled 'Self-assembly and ionic strength response
of random zwitterionic copolymer membranes.' Congratulations
Prity! – June 2016
- Asatekin Lab shared their most recent results at this year's
NAMS Annual Meeting in Seattle with two oral presentations and
three posters. Prof. Asatekin gave a talk titled 'Zwitterion-containing
polymer additives for fouling resistant ultrafilration
membranes: choosing the right chemistry and architecture.' Prity
presented two posters titled 'Novel amphiphilic zwitterionic
copolymer membranes of ~ 1nm pore size for wastewater treatment
and reuse' and 'Effect of chemical structure on permeability and
fouling resistance of self-assembling zwitterionic copolymers.'
Ilin presented a poster titled 'Charged nanopore membranes by
amphiphilic random copolymer micelle assembly.' – June 2016
- Prof. Asatekin helped organize the poster session and the
Student Workshop at NAMS. – June 2016
Tufts ChBE News
Please visit the
news and events section of the Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering.