Academic Year 2013-2014
Spring Semester 2014
- Prof. Asatekin received the Best Professor Award, chosen by the graduating
class of 2014 in the Chemical and Biological Engineering Department. Thank you
class of 2014, and best of luck! – May 2014
- Mollie Chipman joins our lab to conduct research on how solute charge affects
the selectivity of amphiphilic copolymer membranes. Welcome Mollie!
– May 2014
- Akash has accepted a summer internship at Oasys Water. Congratulations, Akash!
– May 2014
- Lily has accepted a summer internship at DSM Nutritional Products. Congratulations, Lily!
– May 2014
- Prity wins 1st place at Tufts Graduate Research Symposium in
the 10-minute presentation category for her presentation titled
"Fouling-resistant zwitterionic copolymer membranes for
nanofiltration application". Congratulations Prity! – April 2014
- Tim is selected as one of 2014 Summer Scholars, a
competitive program that supports a summer of full-time research
for undergraduate students. He will be working on studying the
effect of feed salinity on the performance of the novel
zwitterionic membranes developed in our lab. Congratulations
Tim! – April 2014
- Daniel has accepted a summer internship at the new Aramco
Research Center in Cambridge, MA. Congratulations Daniel! –
- Diana has accepted a summer internship at Parker Hannifin
Chromerics Division. Congratulations Diana! – April 2014
- Lily Corcoran joins our lab to conduct research on fouling
resistance of zwitterionic nanofiltration membranes this
semester. Welcome Lily! – January 2014
- Akash, Tim, Daniel and Diana return to our lab this
semester. Diana and Daniel will continue their projects from
last semester. Akash will synthesize new zwitterionic polymers,
and Tim will study how zwitterion containing membranes respond
to changes in ionic strength. Welcome back! – January 2014
Fall Semester 2013:
- Papatya Kaner joins Asatekin lab. She will work on
developing fouling resistant membranes for wastewater treatment
and other separations that respond to external stimuli such as
ionic strength and temperature. Welcome Papatya! – December 2013
- Ilin Sadeghi joins Asatekin lab. She will study the transport
of small molecules through self-assembled charged and functional
nanochannels, and develop membranes that can perform difficult
separations in an energy efficient manner. Welcome Ilin! –
- Chiara presents a poster titled "Enhancing the selectivity of
polymeric nanofiltration membrane through H-bond interactions"
at the Materials Research Society (MRS) Fall Meeting in Boston,
MA. – December 2013
- Prof. Asatekin gives a series of seminars at universities in
Turkey: Middle East Technical University, Sabanci University,
and Koc University. – November 2013
- Prof. Asatekin presents a talk titled "Size-selective
nanofiltration membranes with amphiphilic zwitterionic polymer
selective layers" at the American Institute of Chemical
Engineers (AIChE) Annual Meeting at San Francisco, CA. –
- Patent application titled "Zwitterion Containing Membranes"
Short description of this technology > – September 2013
- Diana Dzerovych, Lindsey Walker and Daniel
Harrigan join our lab to conduct research during the
semester. Diana will start a collaborative project
with Prof. Yi to develop membranes that combine
filtration with catalytic removal of toxic
compounds. Lindsey will study the formation of
membranes with charged nanochannels by chemical
etching of self-assembled polymers. Daniel will
study how the charge of small molecules affect their
permeation rate through self-assembled polymers.
Welcome Diana, Lindsey and Daniel! – August 2013
- Tim and Akash return to our lab this semester.
Akash will study the effective pore size of
zwitterionic membranes by measuring dye rejection.
Tim will focus on the synthesis of temperature
responsive polymers for self-cleaning membranes.
Welcome back! – August 2013
|©2017 Tufts University.
All rights reserved. Site designed & maintained by Tufts Technology Services (TTS).