Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
- Environmental engineers' paper on traffic-related air pollution in Somerville and Chinatown has been featured as an extramural paper of the month by the NIEHS' Environmental Factor.
- Assistant Professor Rob Viesca has published paired papers that could help explain how dynamic fault rupture is initiated.
- The Executive Board of the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) selected a Tufts team's paper as Honorable Mention for Best Paper of 2015. The paper used water insecurity to predict domestic water demand in the Palestinian West Bank.
- Mateo Galeano, E18, writes on his first two weeks as an engineer studying abroad at the University of Hong Kong. "I’ve had the opportunity to experience many things for the first time," he says.
- Alumnus Jim Kaklamanos was recently honored as one of the 2017 New Faces of Civil Engineering by the American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Senior Jenny Skerker spent the summer studying air pollution around the tunnel system created by Boston's Big Dig.
- Masoud Sanayei will help develop an advanced technology for real-time fatigue life prediction of structures.
Amanda Parry was named the inaugural recipient of the Linda M. Abriola Graduate Fellowship in engineering. Learn more about Amanda and applying to graduate school.
Professor Shafiqul Islam was awarded the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water Creativity Award, a prestigious international award for his work using satellite data to predict cholera outbreaks.