Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- A group of researchers, including Assistant Professor Amy Pickering, conducted a study on the effects of a combination of sanitation and nutrition interventions in Kenya.
- In the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and Ph.D. student Marlene Wolfe study different methods for handwashing that could be used during infectious disease outbreaks.
- Assistant Professor Amy Pickering and colleagues found that unsanitary conditions in markets are a key source of produce contamination in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Research Professor Jack Germaine was elected to the Board of Directors for ASTM International.
- On November 28, Tufts is aiming for 5,000 donors, with the help of challenge gifts from donors like Stacey Morse, E77.
- Research Associate Professor Jay Borkland spoke to the Boston Globe about building offshore wind infrastructure in Massachusetts.
- Professor David Gute co-led a panel on "Re-integrating Engineering into Public Health Practice" at the recent Water and Health Conference.
- Peter Chandonait, EG03, received the USAID Innovation to Action Award for work on clean malaria control systems.
- Seven Engineering professors received Tufts Faculty Research Awards Committee awards for publishing and research proposals.
- Professor Emeritus and Research Professor Richard Vogel has been elected a 2017 Fellow of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) in recognition of his visionary research on water resource systems engineering.