Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
- Tufts Racing kicks off a new season of driving towards the Formula Hybrid Competition.
- Tufts alum Kristen Ransom, E13, was included in Boston Magazine's Top 30 Rising Tech Stars. She is currently studying engineering management at Tufts Gordon Institute.
- Tufts Gordon Institute and Tufts Computer Science Exchange sponsored the recent Sonos/Real Industry Challenge, where over 100 students designed smart speakers with real-world applications.
- Seven Engineering professors received Tufts Faculty Research Awards Committee awards for publishing and research proposals.
- David Aurelio, a part-time lecturer in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, was recently made a Fellow of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES).
As a Summer Scholar, Annalisa DeBari, E18, designed a battery holder that researchers can use to X-ray a battery without having to take it apart.
- Professor Igor Sokolov developed a new, faster method of imaging matter at a nano level, which could change the way cancerous cells are detected in clinical settings.
- After earning her B.S. in mechanical engineering and M.S. in engineering management from Tufts, Nikki Slaughter went on to work in robotics at Balyo.
Kristen Wendell, McDonnell Family Assistant Professor in Engineering Education, studies how students learn engineering and science.
- Three mechanical engineering seniors, working with faculty advisor Gary Leisk, designed a baggage handling solution that won a national competition for addressing airport needs.