Jeffrey S. Guasto
Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Y.H. Hussain, J.S. Guasto, R.K. Zimmer, R. Stocker, and J.A. Riffell.
Sperm chemotaxis promotes indi- vidual fertilization success in sea urchins.
J. Experimental Biology 219, 1458–1466 (2016)
- M.T. Barry, R. Rusconi, J.S. Guasto, and R. Stocker. Shear-induced orientational
dynamics and spatial inhomogeneity in suspensions of motile phytoplankton.
J. Royal Society Interface 12, 20150791 (2015).
- O.H. Shapiro, V.I. Fernandez, M.S. Garren, J.S. Guasto, F.P.
Debaillon-Vesque, E. Kramarski-Winter, A. Vardi, and R. Stocker.
Vortical ciliary flows actively enhance mass transport in reef
corals. PNAS 111, 13391–13396 (2014).
- R. Rusconi, J.S. Guasto, and R. Stocker. Bacterial transport
is suppressed by fluid shear. Nature Physics 10,
- K. Son, J.S. Guasto, and R. Stocker. Bacteria can exploit a
flagellar buckling instability to change direction. Nature
Physics, 9, 494-498 (2013).
- J.S. Guasto, R. Rusconi, and R. Stocker. Fluid mechanics of
planktonic microorganisms. Annual Review of Fluid Mechanics
44, 373-400 (2012).
- H. Kurtuldu, J.S. Guasto, K.A. Johnson, and J.P. Gollub.
Enhancement of biomixing by swimming algal cells in two-dimensional
films. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences U.S.A.
108, 10391-10395 (2011).
- S. Parsa, J.S. Guasto, M. Kishore, N.T. Ouellette, J.P. Gollub,
and G.A. Voth. Rotation and alignment of
rods in two-dimensional chaotic flow. Physics of Fluids
23, 043302 (2011).
- J.S. Guasto, K.A. Johnson, and J.P. Gollub. Oscillatory flows
induced by swimming microorganisms in two dimensions. Physical
Review Letters 105, 168102 (2010).
- K.C. Leptos, J.S. Guasto, J.P. Gollub, A.I. Pesci, and R.E.
Goldstein. Dynamics of enhanced tracer diffusion in suspensions of
swimming microorganisms. Physical Review Letters 103,
- P. Huang, J.S. Guasto, and K.S. Breuer. Direct measurement of slip
velocities using 3d total internal reflection velocimetry. Journal
of Fluid Mechanics 566, 447-464 (2006).