- Inventor and entrepreneur Dean Kamen delivered the Dean's Lecture on "Manufacturing the Future of Biofabrication" and spoke about his path to success.
- Voting is now open for the annual STAT Madness competition, celebrating the best innovations in science and medicine. A paper from Biomedical Engineering Professor David Kaplan and a team of researchers is in the running, as well as a paper from researchers at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Kevin Oye of Tufts Gordon Institute explains how companies are embracing design thinking and advancing innovation outside of Silicon Valley.
- Jack Derby, recently appointed to the Cummings Family Professorship in Entrepreneurship and named director of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies Program, gets students consulting for companies.
- Bob Adams, E76, recognized for his work on digital storage and reproduction of high-fidelity audio.
- The Center for Engineering Education and Outreach is collaborating with Indiana University to study why women make up such a relatively small percentage of the STEM workforce and what has encouraged women to enter STEM fields.