Showing News articles tagged with Women engineers
- This summer, eight Engineering majors received Summer Scholars funding to remain on campus and work on an independent undergraduate research project.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.
- Professors Elena Naumova and Jeffrey Griffiths, who have adjunct appointments in engineering, find that pathogens that thrive inside aging pipes and water transport systems can result in many costly hospitalizations.
- Facilitated by Associate Professor Valencia Koomson, who is the symposium's Technical Program chair, Tufts will host the 60th IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems from August 6-9.
- Mechanical engineering major Annalisa DeBari, E18, recently won fifth place in the 60-meter hurdles at the NCAA Div. III Indoor National Championship.
- A number of engineering undergraduate students were honored for their academic achievements at the recent Tufts Honors Convocation.
- Professor and Associate Dean Karen Panetta talks about how Tufts engineering students connect with industry mentors as they work on senior capstone projects.
- Professor and Chair Kathleen Fisher recently spoke to The Economist about gaps in modern cybersecurity, and about potential fixes.
- Adjunct Professor Marina Umaschi Bers is teaching computational thinking to young children, who learn to sequence a set of special wooden blocks then scan their bar codes to program robots.
- Engineering students and faculty delivered winning pitches at the 2017 $100k New Ventures Competition, hosted by Tufts Gordon Institute.