Showing News articles tagged with Alumni
- In research published in Nature Communications, a former member of Tufts’ Nano Catalysis and Energy Lab and colleagues develop a new group of catalysts.
- Engineers Without Borders leader Catherine Leslie joins research assistant professor Ethan Danahy of the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach to discuss the thousands of students and professionals who volunteer worldwide to build everything from water systems to energy projects.
- Tufts researchers combine microscopy with automated image analysis algorithms to distinguish healthy and metastatic cancerous tissue at the molecular level.
- Winnona DeSombre, E18, and Ph.D. candidate Jared Chandler share their work at BSides Las Vegas, an annual conference for security practitioners and those interested in the field.
- Academics from around the world will join Tufts faculty to discuss imaging challenges in mathematics, medicine, and more. The conference, Modern Challenges in Imaging, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Allan Cormack's Nobel Prize with presentations from Tufts faculty including Professor and Chair Eric Miller, University Professor and former dean Linda Abriola, and Professor Sergio Fantini.
- Amanda Parry, EG18, received a WiDF Professional Development Grant from the Deep Foundations Institute.
- Alumnus Jonas Procton followed his interests to a career in sustainable environmental design.
- A paper published by Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel and Laura Read, EG16, received the 2019 STAHY Best Paper Award.
- James Kaklamanos (E08, EG10, and EG12) has been selected as the inaugural recipient of the Boston Society of Civil Engineers Section/ASCE College Educator Award for his exceptional teaching and mentorship.
- Sabih Khan, E88 and A88, will be in charge of Apple's global supply chain as well as the supplier responsibility programs that protect and educate workers at production facilities.