Showing News articles tagged with COVID-19
- Protecting privacy and building trust, as well as improving the technology, will be key to success, says Bridge Professor Susan Landau.
- The Department of Computer Science launches mentoring programs to support students throughout the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Civil and Environmental Research Professor John Germaine shares his experience teaching laboratory specialists from around the world as part of the Courses at Tufts program.
- Professor Jonathan Garlick’s “Science and Civic Action” course focuses on how marginalized communities have been overly burdened by the pandemic and what can be done about it.
- Jared Jaramillo, E21, recalls his experience of the community response in the time immediately following the March 2020 campus closure.
- Susan Landau, Bridge Professor in Computer Science and Cybersecurity, examines what is needed for contact-tracing apps to be an effective public health tool.
- As we near an end to 2020, Tufts Gordon Institute reflects on some of their top stories and milestones from this year.
- Human factors engineering MS student Tom Ribeiro and colleagues won first place in two hackathons with their app to help users understand their risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Professor John Durant and Research Assistant Professor Neelakshi Hudda discuss the improvement in air quality due to less vehicles on the road during the pandemic.
- Five Tufts engineering students and alums worked with hundreds of fellow volunteers to develop a cost-effective ventilator that could be produced quickly.