Showing News articles tagged with Engineers
- A new cross-school initiative at Tufts aims to change how we teach data science in STEM and non-STEM disciplines alike.
- Panelists discussed how to identify organizations that support diversity and inclusion efforts, how to change the culture from bottom up, and how to create a culture that is supportive to women, people of color, and other minoritized populations.
- Associate Teaching Professor Ming Chow helped recruit mentors and student mentees as a member of the MassCyberCenter’s Cybersecurity Mentorship Pilot Program steering committee.
- Kathleen Fisher, Professor and Chair of the Department of Computer Science, has been appointed to a committee of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
- With support from the Department of Computer Science, a number of students virtually attended the National Society of Black Engineers’ (NSBE) 46th Annual Convention.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz and the Human-Robot Interaction Lab program robots to mind share, collaborate on tasks.
- Four young people trained at Tufts University's STOMP program shared expertise with Malden Girl Scouts during a recent robotics workshop with the Malden YMCA.
- Join us on Thursday, February 22 at 6:00 pm in Cohen Auditorium for the Dean's Lecture with Mr. Dean Kamen, an inventor, an entrepreneur, and a tireless advocate for science and technology. All are welcome!
- Tufts had a record year for applications, with a record-high number of applications for the School of Engineering.
- Xiaomi co-founder and president Bin Lin discussed lessons learned from building a start-up in China at the recent Dean's Lecture.