Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Professor Sameer Sonkusale explains how his team created “smart bandages” that can actively monitor and deliver precisely targeted treatment to chronic wounds in a story for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers magazine.
- On the new season of the Trailblazers podcast from Dell Technologies, host Walter Isaacson interviewed Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman about his work developing safer and more stable batteries.
- Research Professor Richard Hooper receives the 2018 Edward A. Flinn III Award.
- Doctoral candidate Hao Cui and Adjunct Professor Roni Khardon participated in the International Planning Competition.
- In The Conversation, Bridge Professor Susan Landau says civic groups could be the next targets of online hacking and offers solutions for digital protection.
- The Initiative for Neural Science, Disease & Engineering (INSciDE@Tufts) and The New York Stem Cell Foundation (NYSCF) are collaborating on an initiative to decipher the mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases by employing a new generation of human stem-cell-based experimental technologies.
By the numbers, the undergraduate class is one for the record books, with women making up 49 percent of the School of Engineering's incoming students.
- Professor Mohammed Nurul Afsar and Associate Professor Valencia Koomson are developing a novel hexagonal ferrite thin film preparation system that will be applicable to wide-bandgap semiconductors.
- Ethan Danahy, a research assistant professor at the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach and a Tufts alum, recalls his personal history with the paint-covered Tufts cannon as it undergoes a major cleaning.
In 2018 and 2019, eight new faculty members join the School of Engineering.