Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Dean Jianmin Qu recently received the 2017 NDE Lifetime Achievement Award from SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
- Professor and Chair Kathleen Fisher recently spoke to The Economist about gaps in modern cybersecurity, and about potential fixes.
- Adjunct Professor Marina Umaschi Bers is teaching computational thinking to young children, who learn to sequence a set of special wooden blocks then scan their bar codes to program robots.
- Engineering students and faculty delivered winning pitches at the 2017 $100k New Ventures Competition, hosted by Tufts Gordon Institute.
- Senior Lecturer Ming Chow has been selected as the winner of this year's Tufts Lerman-Neubauer Prize for Outstanding Teaching and Advising.
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
The Human Robot Interaction Lab is teaching robots how to trust and how to behave in ways that are consistent with our social and moral expectations.
- Biomedical engineers have developed a new bioinspired technique that transforms silk protein into complex materials that are easily programmable at the nano-, micro-, and macro-scales, as well as being ultralight and robust.
- Environmental engineers' paper on traffic-related air pollution in Somerville and Chinatown has been featured as an extramural paper of the month by the NIEHS' Environmental Factor.
- Professor and Chair Kathleen Fisher recently appeared on the radio show Science Friday to discuss cybersecurity and artificially intelligent systems.