Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- The Student Accessibility Services Office honored Lecturer Mark Sheldon as the inaugural recipient of the Tufts Faculty Disability Advocate Award.
- Professors Elena Naumova and Jeffrey Griffiths, who have adjunct appointments in engineering, find that pathogens that thrive inside aging pipes and water transport systems can result in many costly hospitalizations.
- The Boston Globe named Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman one of its Game Changers of 2017 for his development of a lithium-ion battery that doesn't explode, and lasts longer.
- Facilitated by Associate Professor Valencia Koomson, who is the symposium's Technical Program chair, Tufts will host the 60th IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems from August 6-9.
- Assistant Professor Shuchin Aeron was recently named lead guest editor for a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging.
- Professor and Associate Dean Karen Panetta talks about how Tufts engineering students connect with industry mentors as they work on senior capstone projects.
- Professor Christos Georgakis has received the 2017 Tufts University Distinguished Senior Scholar Award.
- Dean Jianmin Qu recently received the 2017 NDE Lifetime Achievement Award from SPIE, the international society for optics and photonics.
- Professor and Chair Kathleen Fisher recently spoke to The Economist about gaps in modern cybersecurity, and about potential fixes.
- Adjunct Professor Marina Umaschi Bers is teaching computational thinking to young children, who learn to sequence a set of special wooden blocks then scan their bar codes to program robots.