Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
Professor Diane Souvaine was elected Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS). Election as a Fellow is an honor bestowed upon members by their peers.
Professor Shafiqul Islam was awarded the Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water Creativity Award, a prestigious international award for his work using satellite data to predict cholera outbreaks.
- In The Conversation and the Boston Business Journal, Professor Bill Messner wrote about recent advancements in autonomous car technology and about the future of these self-driving vehicles.
- Tufts was one of six institutions funded by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center to explore offshore wind in the state. The Tufts team is led by Professor Dan Kuchma.
- In the Summer Scholars program, junior Grace Aro made membranes and tested their ability to filter contaminants out of water.
Associate Professor Remco Chang, students, and collaborators at Maine Medical Center created a project to investigate how older men with prostate cancer use visualizations to better understand their own health risk information.
- Process could pave way for engineering innervated tissues such as skin, cornea.
- Nikhil Nair seeks new treatment for potentially fatal, rarely-studied congenital "orphan diseases" caused by improper food metabolism.
Tufts engineers have developed threads that, when sutured into tissue, collect and wirelessly transmit diagnostic data.