Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Tufts researchers combine microscopy with automated image analysis algorithms to distinguish healthy and metastatic cancerous tissue at the molecular level.
- Assistant Professor James Van Deventer received an NIH Outstanding Investigator Award to establish a comprehensive discovery platform that could lead to new classes of enzyme inhibitors.
- Tiampo Family Assistant Professor Amy Pickering conducted a study indicating improved drinking water should be a key component of control strategies against parasitic worm and protozoan infections in rural Kenya.
- Assistant Professor Elaine Schaertl Short, joining Tufts in August, is the Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor in Computer Science.
- Academics from around the world will join Tufts faculty to discuss imaging challenges in mathematics, medicine, and more. The conference, Modern Challenges in Imaging, will celebrate the 40th anniversary of Allan Cormack's Nobel Prize with presentations from Tufts faculty including Professor and Chair Eric Miller, University Professor and former dean Linda Abriola, and Professor Sergio Fantini.
- Marina Umaschi Bers, professor and chair of the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development, introduces coding program to enrich the lives of young students around the nation.
- The pill is the first known working device capable of non-invasively and accurately assessing the profile of bacterial species inhabiting any stage of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Jivko Sinapov, the James Schmolze Assistant Professor in Computer Science, and Jennifer Cross, a post-doc research associate in the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, discuss efforts to reveal a robot's perception of the world to enhance human and robot collaboration.
- Assistant Professor Deborah Sunter spoke to NPR about the lack of rooftop installations in hispanic- and black-majority communities.
- A paper published by Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel and Laura Read, EG16, received the 2019 STAHY Best Paper Award.