Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Tufts Gordon Institute faculty say that tech companies are going to face much tougher scrutiny around data privacy and use.
- Assistant Professor Kristen Bethke Wendell was named to the 2018 "20 Under 40 Young Pacesetters" list in Prism, the monthly magazine from ASEE.
- The LEGO Education Symposium and Tufts STEM Education Conference, presented by the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, take place on campus June 5 through 7.
- Sam Safavi, EG17, and associate professor Usman Khan were part of a research team that created an improved algorithm for self-localizing and tracking mobile devices, a development that could meet the demands of a projected 50 billion connected products in the Internet-of-Things by 2020.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz's findings on truth-telling in human-robot interactions are discussed in a piece on automated healthcare in the New Yorker.
- Findings by Tufts researchers on genetically modified yeast are featured in NSF Science Now, a weekly video series from the National Science Foundation.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz is part of a group of researchers examining the ability of autonomous systems to assess their own work.
- Tufts awarded 1,521 undergraduate degrees and 2,186 graduate degrees at this year's commencement ceremony.
- In new paper, Ph.D. candidate Mustafa Sikder and Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and a group of researchers studied the water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) activity in southern Syria during ongoing armed conflict.
- Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne will be guest speaker at The Association of MIT Alumnae's annual meeting on Sunday, June 10, 2018.