Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Assistant Professor Kristen Wendell, the McDonnell Family Assistant Professor of Engineering Education, and colleagues recently published research on the preparation of elementary school instructors to teach engineering topics.
- Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin, the John A. and Dorothy M. Adams Faculty Development Professor, has been named an Editorial Board Member of the journal Membranes.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz received an Acorn Award from the MTTC to develop an autonomous feeding arm.
- Distinguished Professor Maria Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, the Robert and Marcy Haber Endowed Professor in Energy Sustainability, delivered the 2019 Ensor Lecture at Washington State University, with a talk titled "The Changing Landscape of Heterogeneous Catalysts: Single Metal Atoms as Game‑Changers."
- In a paper published in the Journal of Exposure Science and Environmental Epidemiology, Assistant Professor Amy Pickering and colleagues studied the exposure of young children to environmental contaminants through indirect ingestion.
- Distinguished Professor Maria Flytzani-Stephanopoulos, the Robert and Marcy Haber Endowed Professor in Energy Sustainability, received this year’s American Chemical Society Catalysis Lectureship for the Advancement of Catalytic Science with her Tufts colleague Charles Sykes, to be presented at the American Chemical Society national meeting in San Diego in August. The two faculty members received the honor for their work developing single-atom metal catalysts that could be significantly more efficient than those currently deployed in the production of goods such as fuel and plastics, the processing of food, and removing harmful gases in catalytic converters.
- Professor and Mechanical Engineering Department Chair Chris Rogers explains the importance of LEGO education on the Super Awesome Science Show podcast.
- Associate Professor Usman Khan has joined the board of the IEEE Transactions Journal.
- A group of researchers at Tufts published findings on the importance of consent as an integral part of human-robot interaction and possible avenues for improving robotic systems with consent as a foundation.