Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Associate Professor Matthew Panzer and alumnus Anthony D'Angelo, EG18, have been named the winners of the 2020 Chemistry of Materials Lectureship and Best Paper Award, for their paper's outstanding influence across the field of materials chemistry.
- Eric Hines, Professor of the Practice in Civil and Environmental Engineering, discusses the rapid growth of the offshore wind energy industry in New England.
- Developed by researchers at Tufts' Center for Engineering Education and Outreach (CEEO), the Novel Engineering program shows how teachers can introduce engineering concepts to children and foster creativity through reading.
- A team of researchers from the School of Engineering, the School of Medicine, and physicians at Tufts Medical Center have developed a method using fluorescence to detect pre-cancerous metabolic and physical changes in epithelial cells.
- Software developed at Tufts has been successful at identifying COVID-19 pneumonia in more than 99 percent of the X-ray images it processes.
- Three School of Engineering professors have been recognized for outstanding service to Tufts students.
- Assistant Professor Nav Nidhi Rajput received a grant from the U.S. Office of Naval Research to develop sensors and imaging architectures that could be used in defense applications, weather surveillance, and search and rescue.
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel has been honored with inclusion by ASCE in its 2020 class of Distinguished Members for a lifetime of fundamental contributions to stochastic hydrology and its novel applications.
- Engineers and researchers design unique in vitro model to study the causes and treatments of neurological disease.
- A new Tufts group, including computer science major Grace Fagan, draws attention to the spread of coronavirus in prisons, jails, immigration detention centers, and juvenile facilities.