Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
- Join us for a Dean's Lecture with Dr. Norman Fortenberry, Executive Director of the American Society for Engineering Education. Dr. Fortenberry delivers his talk, "Educating the Engineer of 2040," on Friday, February 15 at 1:30 pm in Nelson Auditorium.
- Researchers from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering studied methods to support the development of GaAsBi-based devices for mid- and far-infrared applications, focusing on the increasing the fractions of the element bismuth without losing material quality.
- Join us for Engineers Week at Tufts, February 15-22. All are welcome!
- A group of Tufts researchers from the Departments of Computer Science and Chemical and Biological Engineering were on a team that utilized PROXIMAL, a tool that predicts putative structural modifications, to use enzyme promiscuity as basis to predict hundreds of reactions and metabolites that may exist in E. coli but have not been documented in other databases.
- With colleagues from the Department of Physics and Astronomy, Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin (pictured), the John A. and Dorothy M. Adams Faculty Development Assistant Professor, and postdoctoral scholar Ilin Sadeghi, EG18, created hydrophobic polymer blends and used electrospinning to fabricate them into nonwoven fibrous membranes, focusing on their thermal properties and structures.
- A first-of-its-kind study led by Tufts researchers, in collaboration with Somerville officials and citizens, will measure indoor air quality and comfort in multifamily housing developments near busy roadways.
- Tufts School of Engineering collaborated with a number of institutions to help produce the Partnership for Offshore Wind Energy Research's recent report outlining opportunities and next steps for large-scale research endeavors in offshore wind.
Assistant Professor Deborah Sunter and colleagues found that racial inequality persists in the deployment of rooftop solar panels.
- Professor Sameer Sonkusale has been named to the Vice Chancellor's Advisory Board at SRM University, AP - Amaravati, in India.
- Students in the M.S. program in Innovation & Management pitched inventive and high-tech ventures during culmination of fall Innovation Sprints.