Showing News articles tagged with Faculty
Professor Matthias Scheutz and PhD candidate Vasanth Sarathy's proposal to work with machines to solve mankind’s seemingly intractable problems is the focus of a winning entry in the NSF Idea Machine Competition.
- Merredith Portsmore was named an associate editor of the Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research.
- Researchers, including faculty at REAP Labs, use a recently developed growth technique to synthesize germanium quantum dots on InAlAs(111)A.
- Professor Emeritus Richard Vogel will receive the 2020 Ven Te Chow Award from the ASCE Environmental and Water Resources Institute.
- James Intriligator, Professor of the Practice, explores a new phase of human-factors design focused not on physical or cognitive factors, but emotional factors.
- Through research in the lab and field, Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and her team give common intervention practices, like bucket chlorination, a greater chance of intercepting the deadly bacteria.
- Susan Landau, Bridge Professor of Cybersecurity and Public Policy, joined NPR Morning Edition to discuss data encryption and law enforcement.
- Bridge Professor Susan Landau and former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough examine the encryption impasse between law enforcement and the necessity to safeguard personal information.
- Julianne Zimmerman was selected as one of Conscious Company's world-changing women.
- Assistant Professor Madeleine Oudin received a grant award from the METAvivor Metastatic Breast Cancer Foundation.