Showing News articles tagged with Human health and bioengineering
Professor Sameer Sonkusale and a research team developed a new method to make microneedles without cleanrooms, using readily available materials and equipment.
- Professor Shafiqul Islam talked to Vox about "Day Zero" in Cape Town, South Africa and what might occur if the city goes dry.
- Join us on Thursday, February 22 at 6:00 pm in Cohen Auditorium for the Dean's Lecture with Mr. Dean Kamen, an inventor, an entrepreneur, and a tireless advocate for science and technology. All are welcome!
- Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne spoke to Tufts Now about the new Master of Science program in Sustainable Water Management, offered through Tufts Institute of the Environment.
- A group of researchers, including Assistant Professor Amy Pickering, conducted a study on the effects of a combination of sanitation and nutrition interventions in Kenya.
- Tao Sun, a Ph.D. student in electrical and computer engineering, spoke to WIRED about his work opening the blood-brain barrier in a more precise and controlled manner and its applications for ultrasound treatments.
- A team of Tufts researchers, including Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin, has developed new and highly selective membrane filters that could enable manufacturers to separate and purify chemicals in ways that are more energy efficient and less wasteful.
- In the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), Associate Professor Daniele Lantagne and Ph.D. student Marlene Wolfe study different methods for handwashing that could be used during infectious disease outbreaks.
- A group of researchers from the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Biomedical Engineering published findings in Nature Microengineering and Nanosystems on a low-cost method of microneedle production intended for transdermal drug delivery.
- In Nature Scientific Reports, Associate Professor Emmanuel (Manolis) Tzanakakis and Ph.D. student Fan Zhang discuss their optogenetic regulation system which can teach us more about insulin secretion in the pancreas.