Showing News articles tagged with Human-technology interface
- Protecting privacy and building trust, as well as improving the technology, will be key to success, says Bridge Professor Susan Landau.
- Associate Professor Mark Hempstead and colleagues were nominated for the ISPASS 2021 Best Paper Award for their research on distributing deep learning recommendation models across multiple servers.
Tufts School of Engineering congratulates Stern Family Professor of Engineering David Kaplan on his induction into the U.S. National Academy of Engineering. As we celebrate, we look back at the Kaplan Lab’s history of forward-thinking research.
- Professor Emmanuel S. Tzanakakis has been elected to the AIMBE College of Fellows.
- Tufts recently held a week-long virtual hackathon where students turned data into compelling visualizations to help communities improve health.
- Joshua Rapp, E14, parleyed his interests in music and electrical engineering into a career studying computational imaging.
- A team of Tufts engineers — including first author Yiwen Jiang, a senior majoring in computer engineering — created thread sensors that can be attached to skin to measure movement in real time.
- A team of Tufts computer science students, coached by an alum, won second place in a recent regional round of the Cyber 9/12 Strategy Challenge run by the Atlantic Council.
- PhD candidate Colby Azersky recently spoke to students at a Bronx high school about his path in STEM.
- An annual structural analysis bridge competition moved forward this fall in a new setting at Tufts.