Showing News articles tagged with Human-technology interface
- Julia Prusaczyk, E18, jumped from studying chemical engineering to being a baseball development analyst for the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Assistant Professor Xiaocheng Jiang received a Department of Defense grant to procure state-of-the-art research equipment.
- Associate Professor Mark Hempstead and collaborators analyze variations in the performance of smartphones of the same model.
- Associate Professors Babak Moaveni, Jason Rife, and Usman Khan are developing a mobile sensor network to analyze civil infrastructure.
- Computer science major Marilyn Sun, A19, received an honorable mention in the Computing Research Association's Undergraduate Researcher Awards.
- Professor Matthias Scheutz received an Acorn Award from the MTTC to develop an autonomous feeding arm.
- Associate Professor John Durant, Research Assistant Professor Neelakshi Hudda, and Tufts University School of Medicine Professor Doug Brugge are working with the City of Somerville to study how to improve indoor air quality for residents living in multifamily complexes near busy roads.
- Alumnus Brian Eriksen, E92 and EG94, helped develop an online service that links people surrendering their dogs and cats with those looking to adopt.
- Associate Professor Usman Khan has joined the board of the IEEE Transactions Journal.
- A group of researchers at Tufts published findings on the importance of consent as an integral part of human-robot interaction and possible avenues for improving robotic systems with consent as a foundation.