Showing News articles tagged with Human-technology interface
- At the recent AIWS Conference, Professor Matthias Scheutz gave a keynote speech about the potential of AI and robotics technologies and called for ethical provisions for the design of AI systems from the outset to prevent accidental failures.
- Researchers from across Tufts shared their cutting-edge research with commercial potential at the Gordon Institute's Lightning Research Roundtable.
- Professor Sameer Sonkusale explains how his team created “smart bandages” that can actively monitor and deliver precisely targeted treatment to chronic wounds in a story for the American Society of Mechanical Engineers magazine.
- On the new season of the Trailblazers podcast from Dell Technologies, host Walter Isaacson interviewed Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman about his work developing safer and more stable batteries.
- Computer Science alumna Winnona DeSombre, A18, is a featured speaker in the Cyber Security track of this year's Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit.
- Doctoral candidate Hao Cui and Adjunct Professor Roni Khardon participated in the International Planning Competition.
- In The Conversation, Bridge Professor Susan Landau says civic groups could be the next targets of online hacking and offers solutions for digital protection.
- Professor Mohammed Nurul Afsar and Associate Professor Valencia Koomson are developing a novel hexagonal ferrite thin film preparation system that will be applicable to wide-bandgap semiconductors.
- Two engineering students, Kevin Naranjo and Chanel Richardson, were interviewed about their summer activities on and off campus.
In 2018 and 2019, eight new faculty members join the School of Engineering.