Showing News articles tagged with Learning science
- Merredith Portsmore was named an associate editor of the Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research.
- First-year students discover engineering basics through fun, hands-on projects in Introduction to Engineering courses.
- Tufts has been awarded an NSF grant to kickstart T-TRIPODS Institute, a university initiative focused on broadening data science methods and how they apply to diverse fields.
- Carolyn Birmingham, E57, shares her passion for engineering by supporting the Center for STEM Diversity.
- Twenty middle school girls from Malden learned about polymer science and chemical engineering in a Tufts program offered this summer.
- Marina Umaschi Bers, professor and chair of the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development, introduces coding program to enrich the lives of young students around the nation.
- In a chapter of a new book on engineering faculty pedagogy, Dean of Undergraduate Education Chris Swan recounts his path to service-based instruction.
Tufts hosted the meeting, which brought local engineering deans and representatives together to share engineering education outreach and other STEM initiatives.
- Several School of Engineering faculty members received seed grants from the Office of the Provost for innovative ideas in learning and teaching.
- Tufts and UMass Boston researchers provide a framework for applying years of learning research to engineering education.