CAD Laboratory information
The Civil and Environmental Engineering CAD Laboratory provides support for classroom and research activities. It complements other computational resources of the university by offering computer hardware and software aimed at the specific requirements of CAD and Computer Aided Engineering (CAE). Lab hardware includes high-performance workstation PCs, a domain server, an application license manager, large digitizer, video capture hardware and a large format plotter. A suite of civil engineering software including the latest versions of AutoCAD, 3D Civil Suite, Inventor, VIZ, SAP, Ansys Non-linear, Plaxis, Lpile, MathCAD and Sigma-W are available to students on a walk-in basis. The lab also serves as a team project work area.
- The CEE Lab is to be used only for work related to Tufts CEE courses.
- All CEE PC Lab Users must have an account to use the computers in the Lab. Account Application Forms are available online or at the User Consultant desk.
- Do not bring food or drink into the lab. Violators will be asked to leave.
- Please help to keep the lab clean.
- Priority will be given to users of CEE application software.
- During high use periods, word processing, spreadsheets, email and internet access will be discouraged.
- A computer should not be "locked" for more than 10 minutes. If a computer is locked for more than 10 minutes, the user may be logged-off by lab staff. Note: Save your work frequently and always when you leave a computer unattended.
- Only print what you NEED.
- Please help to keep the Lab clean.