Showing News articles tagged with Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Peter Chandonait, EG03, received the USAID Innovation to Action Award for work on clean malaria control systems.
- Seven Engineering professors received Tufts Faculty Research Awards Committee awards for publishing and research proposals.
- Professor Emeritus and Research Professor Richard Vogel has been elected a 2017 Fellow of the American Geophysical Union (AGU) in recognition of his visionary research on water resource systems engineering.
- Professor Steve Chapra and a team of researchers report that harmful algal blooms in large freshwater reservoirs and lakes are projected to increase because of climate change.
- Professor Luis Dorfmann published a review article on nonlinear electroelasticity in Proceedings of the Royal Society of London A.
- Tufts School of Engineering welcomes nine new faculty members in 2017 and 2018.
- A team of Tufts researchers received the Harting Award for the best paper published in Experimental Techniques in 2016.
- Professor Laurie Gaskins Baise has been appointed chair of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, effective September 1.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- This summer, eight Engineering majors received Summer Scholars funding to remain on campus and work on an independent undergraduate research project.