Showing News articles tagged with Computer Science
- Tufts Gordon Institute and Tufts Computer Science Exchange sponsored the recent Sonos/Real Industry Challenge, where over 100 students designed smart speakers with real-world applications.
- Seven Engineering professors received Tufts Faculty Research Awards Committee awards for publishing and research proposals.
- The International Relations Program added Senior Lecturer Ming Chow to its core faculty, with a focus on cybersecurity.
- Professor Susan Landau wrote a piece for Foreign Policy about Russian hacking at all levels of U.S. civil society and how organizations and governments can respond.
- Junior Gabriella Roncone co-wrote a column in The Cipher Brief on the history of—and what's next in—cyber diplomacy.
- Tufts School of Engineering welcomes nine new faculty members in 2017 and 2018.
Alumni Jeremy Slavitz and Henry Zhou, E17, took a student project developed at Tufts and turned it into RoVR: a new virtual pet simulator.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.
- Associate Professor Alva Couch received the Engineering Seymour Simches Award for Distinguished Teaching and Advising.