Showing News articles tagged with Computer Science
- A joint offering by the School of Engineering and Fletcher, this new graduate program crosses the divide between technology and policy.
Nine faculty members join the School of Engineering on a full-time basis.
- Amy Pickering and Michael C. Hughes were named the Tiampo Family Assistant Professor and the Ann W. Lambertus, J75 and Peter Lambertus Assistant Professor, respectively.
New graduate programs provide students with the skills to become leaders and innovators in their fields.
- Winnona DeSombre, E18, and Ph.D. candidate Jared Chandler share their work at BSides Las Vegas, an annual conference for security practitioners and those interested in the field.
- Assistant Professor Elaine Schaertl Short, joining Tufts in August, is the Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor in Computer Science.
- Marina Umaschi Bers, professor and chair of the Eliot-Pearson Department of Child Study and Human Development, introduces coding program to enrich the lives of young students around the nation.
- Jivko Sinapov, the James Schmolze Assistant Professor in Computer Science, and Jennifer Cross, a post-doc research associate in the Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, discuss efforts to reveal a robot's perception of the world to enhance human and robot collaboration.
Kathleen Fisher, computer science professor and chair, describes why cybersecurity for cars is difficult and how programming languages can foil hackers.
- Seven engineering students received Summer Scholars funding to work on independent undergraduate research projects at Tufts.