Showing News articles tagged with Computer Science
- Professor Lenore Cowen received the 2020 CRA-E Undergraduate Research Faculty Mentoring Award.
- A paper published in 2010 by Professor and Associate Chair Jeffrey Foster and collaborators was recently honored by the Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages (POPL).
Professor Matthias Scheutz and PhD candidate Vasanth Sarathy's proposal to work with machines to solve mankind’s seemingly intractable problems is the focus of a winning entry in the NSF Idea Machine Competition.
- Four Tufts University computer science majors were recognized for research excellence by the Computing Research Association (CRA).
- Susan Landau, Bridge Professor of Cybersecurity and Public Policy, joined NPR Morning Edition to discuss data encryption and law enforcement.
- Bridge Professor Susan Landau and former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough examine the encryption impasse between law enforcement and the necessity to safeguard personal information.
- At TEDxVienna, Matthias Scheutz, Bernard M. Gordon Senior Faculty Fellow and Professor in the Department of Computer Science, discussed why robots need to be able to say no.
- Tufts has been awarded an NSF grant to kickstart T-TRIPODS Institute, a university initiative focused on broadening data science methods and how they apply to diverse fields.
- Three teams from Tufts, including a team of computer science and international relations majors, competed at the recent Cyber 9/12 Strategy Challenge.
- Elaine Schaertl Short, Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor, works at the intersection of assistive technology and social robotics.