Showing News articles tagged with Electrical and Computer Engineering
- On August 6-9, Tufts will host and co-sponsor the 60th IEEE Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems. MWSCAS 2017 will feature distinguished lectures, poster sessions, and presentations that focus on the latest innovations in the field of circuits and systems.
- A number of engineering faculty and staff received seed grants through the Tufts Innovates and Tufts Collaborates programs. Awarded by the Provost's Office, the grants spark innovative ideas and interdisciplinary research.
- This summer, eight Engineering majors received Summer Scholars funding to remain on campus and work on an independent undergraduate research project.
- A number of Engineering students, alumni, and faculty were recognized at the 2017 Tufts Graduate Awards. Dimitra Pouli, pictured with her winning submission to the Graduate Student Photo Contest, received the Engineering Award for Outstanding Academic Scholarship.
- Professor of the Practice Brian Tracey has received a university-wide Teaching with Technology Award for his innovative use of technology in the classroom.
- Professor of the Practice Ronald Lasser has received the 2017 Henry and Madeline Fischer Award for Teaching Excellence in the School of Engineering.
- Facilitated by Associate Professor Valencia Koomson, who is the symposium's Technical Program chair, Tufts will host the 60th IEEE International Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems from August 6-9.
- Assistant Professor Shuchin Aeron was recently named lead guest editor for a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Computational Imaging.
- Bobby Dutton, E04, founded college concert production company GrooveBoston while he was a computer engineering student at Tufts.
- A number of engineering undergraduate students were honored for their academic achievements at the recent Tufts Honors Convocation.