Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor Kristen Wendell worked with collaborators from the National Science Foundation, UMass Boston, Boston Public Schools Science Department, and the MBTA to create a program designed to interest elementary school students in STEM fields.
- Engineering faculty participate in 12 funded projects through Tufts program.
- Tufts researchers receive AFOSR grant for a new project on autonomous systems.
- Associate Professor Rob White, doctoral candidate Nikolas Kastor, and Zhengxi Zhao, EG14, developed a multi-physics 3D model of a floating element shear stress sensor and published findings about their work in the journal Sensors and Actuators A: Physical.
- On Thursday, October 18, join the School of Engineering for a Dean's Lecture with Tufts alumnus Keith Moore, Vice President of Research & Development for HP Labs.
Peter Souders combines championship-level fencing with graduate studies in mechanical engineering.
- On the new season of the Trailblazers podcast from Dell Technologies, host Walter Isaacson interviewed Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman about his work developing safer and more stable batteries.
By the numbers, the undergraduate class is one for the record books, with women making up 49 percent of the School of Engineering's incoming students.
In 2018 and 2019, eight new faculty members join the School of Engineering.
- Prospective students interested in learning more about engineering graduate programs at Tufts are invited to join Dean of Graduate Education Karen Panetta for an information session and meet and greet on September 6 from 6:00-7:00 pm.