Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
- Professor Bill Messner writes for The Conversation on the current state of the development of autonomous vehicles.
Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a new generation of batteries that won't explode. Watch him talk about it on NOVA's "Search for the Super Battery."
- Assistant Professors Ayse Asatekin and Kristen Wendell are appointed to endowed professorships in recognition of their outstanding research programs and potential.
- Summer scholar Anu Gamage, E18, spent her summer developing an inverted pendulum that could continue collecting accurate measurements and balancing itself in the case of a cyberattack.
- Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a solid polymer lithium metal battery, which would be significantly less likely to catch fire than the current generation of batteries.
- In The Conversation and the Boston Business Journal, Professor Bill Messner wrote about recent advancements in autonomous car technology and about the future of these self-driving vehicles.