For a single time use or a tour of the facility, please contact the lab manager or lab director.
Internal Tufts Users (students, post-docs, faculty, staff)
For access as an internal Tufts user (student, post-doc, faculty or
staff), please let the lab manager or lab director know you are interested in
joining the lab, and then download and fill out the Access
Request Form. As stated on the form, you must complete the
- Complete an access request form,
and gather the required signatures.
- Read the TMNF user's guide.
- Work through the online
safety training, and give a copy of your completion certificate
to the lab manager at the lab training session and orientation.
- Arrange a laboratory training session and
lab tour with TMNF
staff. This will take approximately 2 hours. Be
prepared to describe briefly what type of work you plan to do in the lab.
- For all lab users, usage fees will be charged for equipment use. Check with
your advisor and department/group administrator, to make sure they are aware
there are usage fees and that funds are available to pay them. For
more information and rate schedule, please contact the lab manager.
External Users (local companies, research labs)
The laboratory is open to external users, and a procedure exists to put
the needed legal and financial structures in place.
For access as an external user who is currently not affiliated with Tufts
(such as a local company or research lab), please contact the
or lab manager and details of the arrangement can be worked out. The basic
steps we will go through are:
- Discuss, either by phone or in person, the capabilities of the lab,
the scope of activities that are planned, and the level of support that
can be provided.
- Tufts will provide a contract for the arrangement, which will be
reviewed by the external user, and executed.
- Designated process engineers will become Tufts affiliates, and at
that point will need to go through the same training as internal lab
users (see above).
- For external lab users, as with internal users, usage fees will
be assessed. The fee structure will be provided during initial discussions.