- Kevin Oye of Tufts Gordon Institute explains how companies are embracing design thinking and advancing innovation outside of Silicon Valley.
- Jack Derby, recently appointed to the Cummings Family Professorship in Entrepreneurship and named director of the Entrepreneurial Leadership Studies Program, gets students consulting for companies.
- Bob Adams, E76, recognized for his work on digital storage and reproduction of high-fidelity audio.
- The Center for Engineering Education and Outreach is collaborating with Indiana University to study why women make up such a relatively small percentage of the STEM workforce and what has encouraged women to enter STEM fields.
- Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin and a group of researchers developed a new method for making membranes with ultra-thin hydrogel selective layers called Interfacially Initiated Free Radical Polymerization (IIFRP).
- A team in the New Product Development & Marketing class in the Tufts Gordon Institute's Engineering Management M.S. program developed RoboSno, a battery powered snow blower that is controlled with a phone or tablet.