Engineers race for a good cause
Each year, the Tufts Marathon Team, led by longtime Coach Don Megerle, bands together to run the Boston Marathon and raise funds for charity and research. Gifts this year supported research at the Gerald J. and Dorothy R. Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
There was an especially large contingent of runners from the School of Engineering in the 2019 Marathon, with a number of undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and alumni running the race on Monday, April 15. They included:
- Lena Chang, E19 (B.S., Engineering Psychology, Department of Mechanical Engineering)
- Professor Luis Dorfmann (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Jean Hartnett, EG19 (M.S., Engineering Management, Tufts Gordon Institute)
- Robert Mann, E93 (B.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- Zachary Mays, Ph.D. candidate (Biotechnology Engineering, Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering)
- Joseph Philipp, EG19 (M.S., Engineering Management, Tufts Gordon Institute)
- Andrew Stout, Ph.D. candidate (Biomedical Engineering)
- Bhushan Suwal, E19 (B.S., Computer Science)
- Belinda Xian, EG19 (M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Congratulations to the Tufts Marathon Team! Read more from Tufts Now.