- Join us for Engineers Week at Tufts, February 15-22. All are welcome!Biomedical Engineering, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Center for Applied Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Center for Engineering Education and Outreach, Engineering Management & Innovation (Gordon Institute)
- Join us for a Dean's Lecture with Dr. Norman Fortenberry, Executive Director of the American Society for Engineering Education. Dr. Fortenberry delivers his talk, "Educating the Engineer of 2040," on Friday, February 15 at 1:30 pm in Nelson Auditorium.
- Researchers from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering studied methods to support the development of GaAsBi-based devices for mid- and far-infrared applications, focusing on the increasing the fractions of the element bismuth without losing material quality.
- A group of Tufts researchers from the Departments of Computer Science and Chemical and Biological Engineering were on a team that utilized PROXIMAL, a tool that predicts putative structural modifications, to use enzyme promiscuity as basis to predict hundreds of reactions and metabolites that may exist in E. coli but have not been documented in other databases.
- With colleagues from the Department of Physics and Astronomy, Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin (pictured) and postdoctoral scholar Ilin Sadeghi, EG18, created hydrophobic polymer blends and used electrospinning to fabricate them into nonwoven fibrous membranes, focusing on their thermal properties and structures.