Showing News articles tagged with Research news
- The Center for Engineering Education and Outreach is collaborating with Indiana University to study why women make up such a relatively small percentage of the STEM workforce and what has encouraged women to enter STEM fields.
- A group of Tufts researchers studied the Novel Engineering program as an effective method for teaching engineering education in K-12 settings.
- A group of researchers, including Assistant Professor Amy Pickering, conducted a study on the effects of a combination of sanitation and nutrition interventions in Kenya.
- A team of Tufts researchers, including Assistant Professor Ayse Asatekin, has developed new and highly selective membrane filters that could enable manufacturers to separate and purify chemicals in ways that are more energy efficient and less wasteful.
- A group of researchers from the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Biomedical Engineering published findings in Nature Microengineering and Nanosystems on a low-cost method of microneedle production intended for transdermal drug delivery.
- In Nature Scientific Reports, Associate Professor Emmanuel (Manolis) Tzanakakis and Ph.D. student Fan Zhang discuss their optogenetic regulation system which can teach us more about insulin secretion in the pancreas.
- A group of researchers, including postdoctoral scholar Zaira Martín-Moldes, studied the role of silk in bone repair, with findings published in the journal Advanced Functional Materials.
- A new study published in Nature Chemistry by Tufts researchers—including Professor Maria Flytzani-Stephanopoulos—and colleagues demonstrates that methane in shale gas can be turned into hydrocarbon fuels using an innovative platinum and copper alloy catalyst.
- Associate Professor Qiaobing Xu and a group of Tufts researchers studied delivery methods for CRISPR-based gene editing systems.
- Assistant Professor Amy Pickering and colleagues found that unsanitary conditions in markets are a key source of produce contamination in Dhaka, Bangladesh.