Showing News articles tagged with Research news
- Researchers at the Renewable Energy and Applied Photonics (REAP) Lab design an all-semiconductor selective metamaterial emitter for thermophotovoltaic energy conversion applications.
- Tiampo Family Assistant Professor Amy Pickering is leading a test to see if a simple solution to bringing clean water to low-resource communities improves health outcomes.
Professor Matthias Scheutz and PhD candidate Vasanth Sarathy's proposal to work with machines to solve mankind’s seemingly intractable problems is the focus of a winning entry in the NSF Idea Machine Competition.
- Researchers, including faculty at REAP Labs, use a recently developed growth technique to synthesize germanium quantum dots on InAlAs(111)A.
- Four Tufts University computer science majors were recognized for research excellence by the Computing Research Association (CRA).
- Assistant Professor Madeleine Oudin received a grant award from the METAvivor Metastatic Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Professor Irene Georgakoudi has been elected Fellow of SPIE, the International Society for Optics and Photonics.
- Senior Jordan Lueck, Associate Professor Jason Rife, and collaborators received a best of conference award for their paper on sensor-aided simulation.
- Using methods common to plastics manufacturing, properties of silk-based devices can be tuned for strength, flexibility, molecular function and biodegradability.
- Tufts has been awarded an NSF grant to kickstart T-TRIPODS Institute, a university initiative focused on broadening data science methods and how they apply to diverse fields.