The safety of our community is a top priority.
If a Tufts University campus closes due to snow, it will be announced via the following channels. These are the only official sources of a snow-related closing announcement.
If necessary, any additional details about the status of the School of Engineering will be posted on this page.
Visit http://announcements.tufts.edu for further weather-related updates.
- By web at the Tufts University homepage
- By email via a message from CampusClosings@tufts.edu
- By Twitter via @TuftsUniversity
- By phone by calling 617-627-INFO (4636) for the Boston and Medford/Somerville campuses; 508-839-6124 for the Grafton campus
- By television and radio on TV channels 4 WBZ, 5 WCVB, and 7 WHDH, and AM Radio 680 & 1030
For information about preparing for winter storms, please visit the Public Safety website: http://emergency.tufts.edu
When the university closes, Tufts Dining maintains essential services for students on meal plans who reside on campus. Carmichael and Dewick-MacPhie Dining Centers remain open during weather emergencies, and are available for students on meal plans, or students who wish to purchase a meal using JumboCash or Cash. You must present your Tufts ID to gain access when using a meal plan or JumboCash, just like any other day of service.
If a student is in need of medical advice or mental health care, please page the Tufts police at 617-627-3030 (x73030 on campus), and they will page a clinician on call to assist you.
If the Medford/Somerville/SMFA campus is closed – shuttles do not operate. All announcements are posted on the real-time GPS software (DoubleMap).