Showing News articles tagged with Mechanical Engineering
Assistant Professors Iryna Zenyuk, Xiaocheng Jiang, and Robert C. Viesca received CAREER Awards, the National Science Foundation's most prestigious award in support of junior faculty.
- A team of mechanical engineering students designed and built an educational water table to help young children understand electrical concepts.
- Professor Bill Messner writes for The Conversation on the current state of the development of autonomous vehicles.
Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a new generation of batteries that won't explode. Watch him talk about it on NOVA's "Search for the Super Battery."
- Assistant Professors Ayse Asatekin and Kristen Wendell are appointed to endowed professorships in recognition of their outstanding research programs and potential.
- Summer scholar Anu Gamage, E18, spent her summer developing an inverted pendulum that could continue collecting accurate measurements and balancing itself in the case of a cyberattack.
- Professor of the Practice Mike Zimmerman is developing a solid polymer lithium metal battery, which would be significantly less likely to catch fire than the current generation of batteries.
- In The Conversation and the Boston Business Journal, Professor Bill Messner wrote about recent advancements in autonomous car technology and about the future of these self-driving vehicles.