Diane L. Souvaine is a professor in the Department of Computer Science. She holds a secondary appointment in the Department of Mathematics. She served as vice provost for research from 2012-2016 and chaired the Department of Computer Science from 2002-2009. Prior to Tufts, Souvaine was a member of the Rutgers University faculty for 12 years.
She is currently chair of the National Science Board, the governing body of the National Science Foundation.
- 2016: Elected Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- 2008, 2012: Appointed Member, National Science Board
- 2008: Lillian and Joseph Leibner Award for Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring, Tufts University
- 2005: Fellow, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study
- Fellow, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)